Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Et tu, Titus?

Why I like most of the new Titus bike ads:

They’ve created fresh ads out of a relevant insight. It’s a campaign in the truest sense. It has legs (pardon the pun).

I just wished I like the ads more.

I love this one. The simple stripped down cubicle, the gear at his feet, the completely unsexy co-phone sex operator in the cubicle next to him. Say it with me: it’s all about the details.

Which is why I like this one less. How do I know he’s a biker? Where’s the insight? Not as clear here.

And this one, well, I just like looking at. Makes me smile. She’s not super white hot, she’s just cute enough, and her posture doesn’t hurt. Her bike shorts peeking through her Girl Scout Uniform is a nice touch. I’d like a dozen boxes of the Thin Mints, please.

These ads are getting some interesting attention. Good for them.

Although the best Titus ad I’ve seen was in their last round of ads. Subtle, but clear. Great performance, interesting framing. Good production value. And really surprising. I’d trade the Girl Scout for the horse any day.

Not something you hear all the time, but there you have it.

No comments: